Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
During our conversation Greg and I explore how he and his company got started with their lean journey. We also talk about some of their challenges and how he and his team are trying to overcome them.
As you’ll hear Greg is extremely passionate and doesn’t hold back in sharing his thoughts.
And, as I mention during the opening of the show, you may not agree with everything Greg says, or how he says it, but I think it’s valuable to hear various perspectives on how others approach continuous improvement.
To hear the podcast just press the “Play” button at the top of this post. An MP3 version is also available for download here.
UPDATED: Visit Us at the 2016 AME Conference & Save 10% on Registration!
If you plan to attend the upcoming AME conference October 24-28 be sure to stop by the Gemba Academy booth to say hello.
While I’m definitely biased I think you’ll find we give away some of the coolest “swag” at the conference!
We also plan to host an after hours “networking” event with free food and drinks! RSVP here.
Finally, if you haven’t registered for the conference and plan to be sure to use the coupon code DallasGemba in order to save 10%.
AME is definitely our favorite conference to attend so we hope to see you there!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Greg’s background and how Xylem got started with their lean journey
- Greg’s favorite quote
- Why culture change is so important to Xylem
- The role Fastcap and Paul Akers played in inspiring Xylem to explore continuous improvement
- Why staying humble is so important
- What the Xylem values are and why they’re a little “gritty”
- Some of the challenges Greg and Xylem have experienced and how they’re trying to overcome them
- What consciousness and intention have to do with culture change
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Register for the AME Conference (Use Code DallasGemba to save 10%)
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… And Others Don’t
- The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer
- 2 Second Lean (How to Grow People and Build a Fun Lean Culture at Work & at Home, 2nd Edition)
- The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Zen To Done: The Ultimate Simple Productivity System
- Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Xylem Design Website
Download a Free Audio Book
And if you’ve never listened to an audio book today is your lucky day since you’re able to download a free audio book over at our favorite audio book provider – Audible.
Please note you will need to sign up, which includes providing your credit card, but if you’re not happy with the service you can easily cancel the subscription after downloading your free audio book before your free trial expires.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.