Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Steve Stansbury, an experienced lean practitioner with a diverse career background. Steve and I discussed how companies first get started on their respective lean journeys, specifically what they should focus on and what they should avoid.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Steve’s background and what he’s up to these days (3:05)
- The quote that inspires Steve (5:26)
- Why quality is a part of lean (7:03)
- Where Steve believes most lean start-up initiatives fail (8:03)
- The most critical component of a lean start-up (9:47)
- What to do when your leadership isn’t onboard (12:15)
- The most important tools for the beginning of your lean journey (13:44)
- Steve’s opinion on lean roadmaps (15:57)
- The role of the lean leader in the conversion process (17:44)
- What “Respect for People” means to Steve (20:10)
- The best advice Steve has ever received (22:39)
- Steve’s personal productivity habit (23:42)
- What Steve does to recharge and refocus (25:43)
- The skill Steve feels he needs to develop (27:09)
- What Steve would tell his younger self (28:32)
- Steve’s final words of wisdom (30:08)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Steve on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What was the beginning of your organization’s lean journey like?