Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guests are Lean Consultants Lee Fried and Kris Box. Lee and Kris specialize in healthcare and are working on some pretty exciting projects at Stanford University. The three of us discussed the model line approach and how Kris and Lee utilize it in their work. Whether you’re in manufacturing, healthcare, or another industry, there’s a lot to learn from this episode.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
UPDATED: Visit Us at the 2016 AME Conference & Save 10% on Registration!
If you plan to attend the upcoming AME conference October 24-28 be sure to stop by the Gemba Academy booth to say hello.
While I’m definitely biased I think you’ll find we give away some of the coolest “swag” at the conference!
We also plan to host an after hours “networking” event with free food and drinks! RSVP here.
Finally, if you haven’t registered for the conference and plan to be sure to use the coupon code DallasGemba in order to save 10%.
AME is definitely our favorite conference to attend so we hope to see you there!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Lee’s background (4:10)
- Kris’s background (4:57)
- The quote that inspires Lee (6:20)
- The quote that inspires Kris (7:21)
- What a model line approach is (7:57)
- What Kris is currently working on at Stanford (9:17)
- Why organizations choose the model line approach (11:27)
- The main challenges of this approach (13:44)
- The balance of standard work and a model line (19:07)
- Whether Kris and Lee ever use 3P (23:14)
- How long model lines should operate (26:36)
- Alternatives to a model line approach (29:53)
- What “Respect for People” means to Kris (34:00)
- The best advice Lee has ever received (35:11)
- Kris’s personal productivity habit (38:13)
- Lee’s personal productivity habit (39:40)
- What has surprised Lee in the past year of practicing lean (41:10)
- What Lee does to refocus and reenergize (42:46)
- The skills Lee and Kris feel they need to improve (44:05)
- Advice to anyone looking to apply lean to healthcare (45:50)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lee on LinkedIn
- Kris on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are your thoughts on the model line approach?