Today’s guest is our own Steve Kane. Formerly our Director of Sales and Marketing, Steve is transitioning to a new role as Director of Customer Success. Steve and I discussed his fascinating experiences as a pilot, the process of learning to fly a plane, and some of the similarities between lean and aviation.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
UPDATED: Visit Us at the 2016 AME Conference & Save 10% on Registration!
If you plan to attend the upcoming AME conference October 24-28 be sure to stop by the Gemba Academy booth to say hello.
While I’m definitely biased I think you’ll find we give away some of the coolest “swag” at the conference!
We also plan to host an after hours “networking” event with free food and drinks! RSVP here.
Finally, if you haven’t registered for the conference and plan to be sure to use the coupon code DallasGemba in order to save 10%.
AME is definitely our favorite conference to attend so we hope to see you there!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- All about Steve’s new role at Gemba Academy (3:40)
- How Steve got started as a pilot (6:07)
- The process of learning to fly a plane (8:20)
- Steve’s first experience flying alone (9:40)
- What flying has to do with lean (16:05)
- The role autonomy plays in both lean and aviation (18:13)
- Steve’s goals as a pilot (20:03)
- How pilots navigate (20:48)
- The quote that inspires Steve (23:03)
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else does flying relate to lean? Have you noticed any parallels in your own hobbies?