Today’s guest is William Harvey, a former U.S. Marine with over a decade of experience in the printing and consumer packaging industries. William and Ron discuss strategy and culture, specifically what it takes to keep a lean journey going. This An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires William (4:04)
- About William’s background (5:12)
- How to sustain your learn journey (7:32)
- The best way to recruit new talent (11:12)
- What William looks for when assessing an organization (13:20)
- The tool that’s been the most helpful to William (15:20)
- William’s customer service anecdote (16:51)
- What “Respect for People” means to William (21:17)
- The best advice William has ever received (22:39)
- William’s personal productivity habit (23:20)
- What has surprised William in the last year of practicing lean (25:28)
- What William does to recharge and refocus (26:33)
- The knowledge or skill area William feels he needs to improve (27:04)
- William’s favorite Paul Akers lesson (28:30)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- William on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
In your opinion, what is the key to keeping the momentum of a lean journey going?