Today’s guest is Kevin Holesh. Kevin is a professional app developer who created Moment, which helps users track how much time they’re spending on their phones. While not specifically about continuous improvement, topics like mindfulness and innovation make this episode relevant to all lean thinkers. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Kevin’s background (3:51)
- The quote that inspires Kevin (5:11)
- What it’s like to be an app developer (6:01)
- All about Kevin’s app, Moment (6:42)
- How much time the average user spends on their phone (8:49)
- What Moment Family is (13:20)
- The difference between the free and paid versions of the app (14:12)
- Why the app tracks your location (15:05)
- The hardest part about creating a popular app (16:29)
- The apps Kevin likes (18:30)
- About Kevin’s app, Focus (19:14)
- What Kevin has learned from developing apps (20:25)
- What Kevin would do if Apple developed their own Moment-like app (21:58)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Kevin’s Email
- Kevin on Twitter
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you use the Moment app?