Today’s guest is Dr. Bradley Miller, a professor at the University of Houston. Brad explained to us how he teaches his students about continuous improvement, and how they then apply those skills to real life situations. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Brad’s background (2:25)
- How Brad got into academia (6:44)
- The quote that inspires Brad (9:06)
- What about lean Brad teaches his students (11:08)
- An example of an in-class simulation (13:01)
- Examples of student projects (18:37)
- How Brad teaches the human component of lean (22:32)
- About the exam grading process (23:56)
- The advice Brad would give his past self (28:56)
- What “Respect for People” means to Brad (30:45)
- The best advice Brad has ever received (33:20)
- Brad’s personal productivity habit (34:51)
- How Brad recharges and refocuses (35:41)
- The knowledge or skill area Brad feels he needs to improve (36:39)
- Brad’s words of wisdom (39:34)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Brad on LinkedIn
- Brad on Twitter
- Brad on YouTube
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What other approaches or techniques could be used to teach continuous improvement to students?