Today’s guest is Dale Crownover, the CEO of Texas Nameplate. Dale is one of the keynote speakers for the upcoming AME Conference in Dallas. He and Ron had a great conversation about his experience with continuous improvement, including the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality award. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- About Dale’s background and Texas Nameplate (3:19)
- The quote that inspires Dale (5:10)
- Dale’s introduction to continuous improvement (8:14)
- How Dales ensures the company doesn’t backslide (14:09)
- Why Dale is drawn to continuous improvement (16:57)
- How Texas Nameplate motivates their employees (19:42)
- The ways Dale interacts with employees (21:28)
- What about his journey Dale is most proud of (23:40)
- Dale’s advice for anyone beginning their journey (24:59)
- What “Respect for People” means to Dale (29:15)
- The best advice Dale has ever received (33:01)
- What Dales does to relax and recharge (36:07)
- What Dale will be talking about in his AME keynote (38:13)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Texas Nameplate Company
Register for the AME Dallas 2016 International Conference
Join Gemba Academy in Dallas this October for the 2016 AME International Conference. Use promo code “DallasGemba” to receive 10% off your registration.
Come meet the Gemba Academy team and socialize with other lean enthusiasts at our annual cocktail reception. No sales pitch, we promise! Be sure to RSVP.
For more information, click here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Has your organization won any quality awards? How did you prevent complacency?