Today’s guest is our own Kevin Meyer, Co-Founder of Gemba Academy. Kevin and Ron discussed Kevin’s new book, The Simple Leader, in which Kevin describes his career thus far and shares a lot of valuable insight related to continuous improvement, Zen, leadership, and more. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Kevin has been up to, including his new book The Simple Leader (2:47)
- The quote that inspires Kevin (3:55)
- About Kevin’s personal leadership journey (5:10)
- About Fundamentals, part one of Kevin’s book (9:01)
- About Reconnect, part two (10:33)
- About Create, part three (12:18)
- About Lead, part four (14:17)
- About Clarify, part five (17:28)
- About Simplify, part six (19:18)
- About Improve, part seven (21:42)
- About Grow, part eight (24:05)
- Why Kevin wrote the book and who it’s written for (26:46)
- What’s in store for Gemba Academy (28:15)
- How Kevin felt when he held the first published copy of his new book (31:22)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Simple Leader Website
- The Simple Leader on Amazon
- Kevin on LinkedIn
- Kevin’s Email
Register for the AME Dallas 2016 International Conference
Join Gemba Academy in Dallas, Texas from October 24th-28th for the 2016 AME International Conference. Use promo code “DallasGemba” to receive 10% off your registration.
Come meet the Gemba Academy team and socialize with other lean enthusiasts at our annual cocktail reception. No sales pitch, we promise! Be sure to RSVP.
For more information, click here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else might you incorporate Zen principles into a lean journey?