Today’s episode features the audio from our recent webinar with Jamie Parker, a Region Manager at FedEx Office and passionate lean practitioner. Jamie gave us a detailed look at FedEx Office’s lean journey, including both their successes and their failures. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why lean journeys are like road trips (2:50)
- A “wrong turn” involving 5S (3:46)
- About FedEx Office (6:52)
- The turning point for FedEx Office (10:45)
- The new principles and values they embodied (11:36)
- Why FedEx Office decided to start investing in their people (13:18)
- How they use Gemba Academy (16:08)
- An example lesson (19:26)
- How FedEx Office gave their employees the confidence to use their new knowledge (21:28)
- How they addressed the resulting “road bumps” (26:27)
- Looking back, what was/is important in engaging people (29:43)
- A powerful anecdote (35:00)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Webinar Slides in PDF Format
Register for the AME Dallas 2016 International Conference
Join Gemba Academy in Dallas, Texas from October 24th-28th for the 2016 AME International Conference. Use promo code “DallasGemba” to receive 10% off your registration.
Come meet the Gemba Academy team and socialize with other lean enthusiasts at our annual cocktail reception. No sales pitch, we promise! Be sure to RSVP.
For more information, click here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What other ways can you invest in people?