This week’s guest is John Chacon, Continuous Improvement Advisor at Black & Veatch and a former U.S. Marine. Ron and John discussed John’s lean journey, specifically how he has applied his skills to the different phases of his career thus far. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- John’s background (2:25)
- The quotes that inspire John (3:14)
- What it was like practicing lean in the Marines (5:13)
- A lean success story (8:59)
- What John did after the Marines (12:12)
- The contrast between the two settings (15:47)
- John’s experience at Aera Energy (22:30)
- A story from his time there (24:34)
- What John is up to nowadays (27:43)
- What “Respect for People” means to John (32:46)
- The thing John is most proud of regarding his lean journey (34:57)
- The best book John has read this past year (36:12)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- John on LinkedIn
- John on Twitter
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you ever had to implement lean in drastically different settings?