This week’s guest is Jess Orr, a Six Sigma Black Belt at WestRock, a large packaging company. Ron and Jess discussed Jess’s Toyota background and the importance of employee engagement. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Jess (2:43)
- Why we stop asking questions as we get older (5:59)
- Jess’s background and what she’s up to these days (6:46)
- The Six Sigma-like behavior Jess witnessed at Toyota (9:29)
- What employee engagement really means (11:37)
- Why it’s important (14:29)
- A time when things didn’t go as planned (16:59)
- Tips on how to better engage people (19:39)
- What “Respect for People” means to Jess (26:16)
- The best advice Jess has ever received (29:13)
- A project that didn’t turn out as planned (31:05)
- What Jess is most proud of (33:03)
- The books Jess has read recently (34:20)
- The skill or knowledge area Jess wants to improve (36:37)
- Jess’s final words of wisdom (38:45)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Jess on LinkedIn
- Jess’s Email
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are some other ways to engage people?