This week is our last episode of 2016. Join Ron as he discusses failure, specifically our fear of it. Featuring an empowering message from Jocko Willink, a retired US Navy SEAL, this episode is a great way to kick off the new year. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why failure is an important topic to Ron (2:50)
- What it means to fail (6:15)
- Pivoting, and how it is an exception of sorts (7:20)
- The fear of failure (8:16)
- About Jocko Willink (10:01)
- Jocko’s message (11:21)
- Why it’s important to identify what failure means to you (17:52)
- How to embrace failure (18:04)
- A final message for wrapping up 2016 (19:01)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Jocko Willink on Overcoming Fear
- Jocko’s YouTube Channel
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What is your take on failure? Are you afraid of it? How do you cope?