This week’s guest is Amy Mervak, Chief Quality and Compliance Officer at Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan. Ron and Amy talked about Toyota Kata, and how she and her team have been able to apply it. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Amy (2:54)
- Amy’s background and what she’s up to (4:04)
- How Amy was first exposed to Toyota Kata (5:02)
- What Amy is going to be talking about at the upcoming conference (6:28)
- About Toyota Kata (8:31)
- Examples of how it can be applied (11:01)
- The target conditions that were set (17:21)
- Who was involved, and if there was conflict (18:20)
- The five questions of Coaching Kata (19:59)
- What “Respect for People” means to Amy (23:21)
- The best advice Amy has ever received (24:19)
- What Amy is most proud of as it relates to lean (25:09)
- A book Amy read this year (26:07)
- The skill or knowledge area Amy wants to improve (27:33)
- Amy’s final words of wisdom (28:24)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- 3-Minute Journal
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you used Toyota Kata? Share your experience(s).