This week Ron discusses The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday. It’s a fantastic book based on stoicism, with a particular focus on Marcus Aurelius. All lean thinkers can benefit from its valuable lessons. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A great quote from the book (2:33)
- About the first section, “Perception” (3:46)
- Ron’s challenge to you, the listener (7:36)
- About the second section, “Action” (9:08)
- About the third section, “Will” (11:21)
- Ron’s favorite example, regarding Thomas Edison (12:13)
- An audio clip from Ryan Holiday himself (15:35)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Obstacle Is the Way
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you read this book? If so, what did you think?