This week’s guests are Skip Steward and Brandon Brown. We had the pleasure of interviewing them while attending the KataCon/TWI Summits in San Diego. They both shared a lot of valuable insight with us regarding TWI, Kata, Respect for People, and more. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Skip and Brandon’s backgrounds (4:00)
- Quotes that inspire them (5:01)
- About Baptist Memorial Health Care’s journey (6:47)
- What Toyota Kata is all about (9:46)
- About fall precautions in a hospital setting (14:40)
- Successes and challenges (17:05)
- A powerful personal anecdote (19:08)
- Advice to those at the beginning of their lean journeys (23:53)
- What “Respect for People” means to them (28:45)
- The best advice they’ve ever received (31:22)
- What they are most proud of as it relates to lean (33:52)
- Book recommendations (36:28)
- Final words of wisdom (38:12)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- GA 109 | How to Leverage Toyota Kata with Brandon Brown
- Brandon’s Website
- Brandon on LinkedIn
- Brandon on Twitter
- Skip on LinkedIn
- Skip on Twitter
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you leverage TWI and/or Toyota Kata? How do they intersect with Respect for People?