This week’s guest is Art Byrne, author and highly respected lean leader. Ron and Art discussed Art’s lean journey, including his days as CEO of Wiremold. You won’t want to miss this one! An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Art (4:02)
- Art’s background and how he came to learn about lean (4:50)
- How Art and his team knew how to implement a kanban system (15:32)
- Art’s first year at Wiremold (16:59)
- The story of Art being challenged (20:25)
- The problem Art was trying to solve with “The Lean Turnaround” (25:41)
- The problem Art was trying to solve with “The Lean Turnaround Action Guide” (29:48)
- What Art would say in a lean “state of the union” address (35:12)
- What “Respect for People” means to Art (37:10)
- The best advice Art has ever received (39:25)
- Art’s regrets regarding lean (40:27)
- What Art is most proud of as it relates to lean (41:39)
- Books that Art recommends (43:20)
- The skill or knowledge area Art feels he needs to improve (44:43)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Lean Turnaround
- The Lean Turnaround Action Guide
- Ask Art
- Art’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What does lean mean to you? What is it really about?