This week’s guest is Christopher Ferrier, who we met up with at the TWI/KataCon conference in San Diego, California. Ron and Christopher talked about Toyota Kata, the power of networking, ultramarathons, and more. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A recent ultramarathon trail race Christopher ran (3:33)
- A quote that inspires Christopher (5:41)
- About Christopher’s background (6:15)
- How Christopher first heard about Toyota Kata (11:43)
- How Christopher got started (13:48)
- Other successes Christopher and his team had (17:28)
- The training Christopher has gone through (21:09)
- How Christopher and his team address their current state (24:54)
- The hardest part of the journey so far (26:25)
- What’s next (28:50)
- Applying kata to running (30:22)
- What “Respect for People” means to Christopher (31:55)
- The best advice Christopher has ever received (34:53)
- What Christopher would tell his younger self (40:04)
- Christopher’s personal productivity habit (42:05)
- Why Christopher has no regrets (44:08)
- What Christopher is most proud of regarding lean (45:38)
- The skill or knowledge area Christopher feels he needs to improve (47:17)
- The book Christopher recommends (48:08)
- Christopher’s final words of wisdom (49:07)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Simple Leader by Kevin Meyer
- Christopher on LinkedIn
- Christopher on Facebook
- Christopher on Strava
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Describe a time when networking proved to be particularly powerful.