Today’s guest is Jim Lancaster, CEO of Lantech. Ron and Jim discussed Lantech’s fascinating history and lean journey, including the obstacles they’ve faced over the years. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Jim (4:02)
- Jim’s background (4:49)
- What it was like growing up at Lantech (8:24)
- About Lantech’s lean journey (11:54)
- The role of profitability (14:13)
- How the recession affected this management system (25:45)
- Why Jim wrote his new book, The Work of Management (32:18)
- What the title means (33:49)
- Advice for reading the book (34:52)
- What “Respect for People” means to Jim (36:41)
- The best advice Jim has ever received (39:36)
- A story about Jim’s dad, Pat Lancaster (41:04)
- What Jim is most proud of as it relates to lean (43:01)
- Books that Jim recommends (44:53)
- The knowledge or skill area Jim feels he needs to improve (46:05)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Work of Management
- Jim on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What kind of role has profitability played in you and/or your organization’s lean journey?