Today’s episode is a presentation by Steve Brenneman, CEO of the Aluminum Trailer Company, from this year’s TWI Summit in San Diego. In this powerful and informative talk, Steve shares how they use Job Methods, one of the components of TWI. Slides from Steve’s presentation can be found here. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why Steve is a lean fanatic (4:03)
- Steve’s comeback (5:59)
- About ATC (6:48)
- Their “True North” (8:53)
- Productivity metrics at ATC (10:15)
- The four steps of JM (14:26)
- How Steve and his team came up with a plan (18:33)
- About the Kanban Kit they created (22:59)
- ATC’s Daily Improvement Board (25:10)
- Improvements to a generator install (26:06)
- How ATC addressed the waste of walking (31:12)
- Why we don’t see walking as waste (35:46)
- How their actual line work hasn’t changed (36:17)
- About the power of standard work (39:20)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Steve’s Presentation Slides
- Steve’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you use Job Methods? What results have you seen?