This week’s guest is Todd Abshire, an Instructor Pilot and Continuous Improvement Manager in the U.S. Air Force. Ron and Todd discussed how continuous improvement applies to aviation, and to the U.S. Air Force overall. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Todd (2:55)
- Todd’s background (3:44)
- Todd’s continuous improvement journey (5:12)
- How lean applies to being a pilot (6:49)
- The kinds of methodologies they use (8:53)
- Obstacles they face (9:55)
- How they use Gemba Academy (11:16)
- A project that left Todd feeling accomplished (12:43)
- Who has influenced Todd (15:09)
- Advice for those who have stalled on their lean journeys (16:32)
- What “Respect for People” means to Todd (18:05)
- The best advice Todd has ever received (20:14)
- An experiment or project that didn’t turn out as expected (21:26)
- A book Todd recommends (22:59)
- The skill or knowledge area Todd wants to improve (28:06)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Todd on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What kinds of processes do you apply lean to?