This week’s guest is Barbara Trautlein, the founder of Change Catalysts. Barbara and Ron discussed change management, specifically why change fails and how people define failure. Barbara also explained the concept of Change Intelligence, and how it can help us all be better leaders. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Barbara (4:09)
- Barbara’s background (4:35)
- Why most change projects fail (7:37)
- The definition of failure (9:40)
- About the people side (12:18)
- What Changed Intelligence is (14:13)
- The different styles of leadership (16:49)
- The trends Barbara has seen (25:33)
- Actions and strategies for applying this methodology (29:35)
- What “Respect for People” means to Barbara (31:37)
- The best advice Barbara has ever received (33:33)
- What Barbara is most proud of (34:31)
- What Barbara would tell her younger self (35:19)
- About Barbara’s book (37:33)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Barbara’s Website
- Change Intelligence: Use the Power of CQ to Lead Change That Sticks
- Barbara on LinkedIn
- Barbara on Twitter
- Book Barbara as a Speaker
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference.
Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Based on Barbara’s descriptions, which kind of leader do you think you are?