This week’s guest is Elizabeth Fingado, the Director of Strategic Support Services at Denver Health. Ron and Beth discussed what it takes to turn lean leaders into coaches, including specific strategies and obstacles you might encounter along the way. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Beth (2:41)
- Beth’s background (4:19)
- The definition of a coach (6:07)
- The infrastructure at Denver Health (7:55)
- Strategies for developing coaches (10:59)
- A specific example (12:14)
- Some of the models they’ve used (13:52)
- About the checklist they use (15:47)
- How to overcome employee resistance (17:15)
- Lessons learned from this model (20:07)
- What Beth would say to lean beginners (21:45)
- What “Respect for People” means to Beth (23:50)
- The best advice Beth has ever received (25:18)
- An experiment that didn’t turn out as expected (26:15)
- What Beth is most proud of as it relates to lean (28:22)
- Books Beth has read lately (29:07)
- The knowledge or skill area Beth wants to improve (29:48)
- Finals words of wisdom (30:54)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Developing Lean Leaders
- Beth’s Email
- Beth on LinkedIn
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference.
Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How would you go about turning a lean leader into a coach?