This week we’re sharing an inspiring keynote by Bill Waddell from the 2015 Lean Leadership Week. Bill explains how the concepts of fuzzy logic, globalization, and basic morality intersect, and why lean is ultimately all about people. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Bill’s background (4:26)
- An example of fuzzy logic (6:21)
- More examples (7:45)
- The book’s message about math and numbers (8:57)
- The limits of quantification (10:02)
- Why you can’t put a number on people (11:42)
- Basic moral standards and globalization (12:47)
- What lean is all about (19:08)
- Bill’s two main messages (19:51)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Fuzzy Thinking
- Our 2015 Lean Leadership Week Series
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference.
Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Is lean really all about people? Why or why not?