This week’s guests are Liam Brien and Greg Zimmer. Liam and Greg shared how they use both lean and agile in the software development space. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires them (3:01)
- Their backgrounds (3:53)
- What it means to be in software development (5:50)
- How they use lean and agile (7:19)
- How they first learned about lean (10:21)
- The kinds of kanban they use (11:53)
- All about agile (12:34)
- What they’re looking for in the beta tests (15:10)
- Some of the challenges they’ve faced (17:56)
- Lessons they’ve learned from cloud functionality (21:47)
- Other lean principles they use (24:43)
- Advice they have for newcomers (28:19)
- Trends they see coming (29:37)
- What “Respect for People” means to them (32:30)
- The best advice they’ve ever received (34:35)
- A project that didn’t go as expected (35:14)
- The knowledge or skill areas they want to improve (39:17)
- Final words of wisdom (41:48)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Phoenix Project
- Liam on LinkedIn
- Greg on LinkedIn
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference. Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
We’re also having our annual AME cocktail party, and this year the location is pretty spectacular. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you ever applied lean and/or agile to software development, IT, etc?