This week’s guest is consultant Jim Pecoraro. Jim and Ron discussed applying continuous improvement beyond manufacturing, specifically in an office or otherwise administrative context. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quotes that inspires Jim (3:12)
- Jim’s background (3:57)
- About office-based continuous improvement (5:35)
- An example (7:43)
- Misconceptions Jim and his team face (11:42)
- Why lean is slanted towards manufacturing (16:19)
- What Jim sees as the future of continuous improvement (21:11)
- What “Respect for People” means to Jim (25:01)
- The best advice Jim has ever received (26:38)
- What Jim is most proud of (28:18)
- The book Jim recommends (29:57)
- Jim’s finals words of wisdom (30:53)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Jim on LinkedIn
- Jim on Twitter
- Leap Technologies on LinkedIn
- Leap Technologies on Twitter
- Leap Technologies Site
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference. Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
We’re also having our annual AME cocktail party, and this year the location is pretty spectacular. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you leverage continuous improvement in an administrative context?