This week’s guest is Michael Ballé. Michael recently co-authored a new book, The Lean Strategy. Ron and Michael discussed the contents of the book and why the idea of lean as a strategy is so controversial. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Michael’s background (5:41)
- The quote that inspires Michael (10:39)
- The thinking behind The Lean Strategy (11:38)
- Why this idea is such a “hot button” issue (18:40)
- What people miss when it comes to lean (23:43)
- The changes the authors would make (30:19)
- Michael’s favorite chapter (33:07)
- The best way to read The Lean Strategy (34:16)
- Other books Michael recommends (34:58)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Lean Strategy
- The Lean Strategy on Amazon
- Michael’s Masterclass
- Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst
- Michael on LinkedIn
- Michael on Twitter
- Michael’s Email
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference. Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
We’re also having our annual AME cocktail party, and this year the location is pretty spectacular. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Is lean a strategy? Why or why not?