This week’s guest is Drew Locher. Drew explained a huge issue in continuous improvement…rushing into countermeasures before taking the time to investigate and understand the current condition. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Drew’s background (1:31)
- The article Drew wrote (3:49)
- Understanding the two katas (15:04)
- The role of “go see” in grasping the current condition (17:41)
- The appropriate countermeasure (22:34)
- Establishing purpose or a target condition (26:20)
- Getting the facts (32:41)
- The one thing Drew would do differently (35:01)
- What’s next for the lean movement (36:40)
- The one thing Drew would want everyone to focus on (43:01)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Drew’s Article
- Drew’s Bio
- Drew on Twitter
- Drew’s Website
- Drew’s YouTube Channel
- The Complete Lean Enterprise
- Value Stream Mapping for Lean Development
- Lean Office and Service Simplified
- Unleashing the Power of 3P
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you approach getting the facts, understanding the current condition, etc?