This week’s guest is consultant Mark Rosenthal. Mark shared some insights regarding the various components of Toyota Kata, including setting a challenge and determining a target condition. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Mark’s background (2:10)
- An overview of the improvement and coaching katas (4:23)
- Setting the challenge (8:10)
- The importance of thinking beyond the numbers (12:41)
- Setting your target condition (16:33)
- The wording (21:08)
- The number of experiments it takes (23:14)
- Mark’s approach (24:20)
- The big mistake Mark sees (25:29)
- Target conditions for your OEE challenge (26:14)
- An example of the power of scientific thinking (28:36)
- The conditions under which continuous improvement may fail (31:01)
- Who Mark would shadow if he had a time machine (32:15)
- Mark’s final words of wisdom (35:03)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- GA 052 | The New Approach to Lean with Mark Rosenthal
- GA 187 | How to Leverage the Improvement and Coaching Katas with Mark Rosenthal
- Mark’s Email
- The Lean Thinker
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you go about setting a good challenge? What’s your approach?