Need Video Ideas!

video-camera.jpgI already have a few ideas for future videos… but I am interested to know what you, the readers of LSS Academy, are interested in seeing.

Would you prefer more demonstration type videos similar to the one piece flow simulation?  If so, any ideas?

Or would you prefer I discuss a particular topic for a few minutes?  If so, what topic?

Do you have any videos you would like to make or share?  If so, I would be happy to share this everyone (giving you credit of course).

Please leave a comment below with your ideas.  Much thanks in advance!

Photo by akolmetz

12 Comments

1. Chris Akins

March 1, 2008 - 6:23 pm

Hey Ron,

How about a demonstration of how to conduct an RCA. You could also do seperate segments on the different tools you can use.

Another interesting idea would be a series following a kaizen through the process.

Chris

2. Ron Pereira

March 1, 2008 - 6:58 pm

Great ideas Chris. I will add these ideas to the hopper. Thanks!

3. Scott at Realepicurean

March 2, 2008 - 6:24 am

How about capturing what happens on screen for some 6S tutorials? Talking through DOE, for example…

4. Ron Pereira

March 2, 2008 - 12:57 pm

Right… I have been pretty lean heavy on the blog as of late… I will be throwing out some six sigma love as well in the near future. Thanks Scott.

5. Chris

March 2, 2008 - 3:14 pm

First of all, I love the new video section. I hope other Six Sigma and Lean bloggers follow your lead here.

One idea may be to re-create some of your past articles into a video. I remember you did a series on control charts last year. Maybe you could recap those articles through a short video, as an example. Just an idea.

Some people (like me) learn best by seeing as compared to reading. I look forward to “seeing” whatever you come up with!

Thanks,
    Chris Summer

6. Ron Pereira

March 2, 2008 - 8:07 pm

Great idea Chris. I have also thought about doing this. Thanks for the comment.

7. Mark

March 3, 2008 - 8:51 am

Video the matchbox simulation from Goldratt’s “The Goal” showing WIP accumulating without level flow.

8. Ron Pereira

March 3, 2008 - 9:10 am

Oh, I like that Mark! I hadn’t thought of this. Also, the red bead simulation could work well too. Thanks for the comments everyone. Please keep this coming!

9. Mark Graban

March 3, 2008 - 9:56 pm

Ron – I have a red bead kit and have facilitated that before, so let’s think about collaborating (or I can assist you).

10. Ron Pereira

March 3, 2008 - 10:35 pm

Absolutely Mark! Should be fun.

11. Ralf Lippold

March 16, 2008 - 2:37 pm

Hi Ron,

thanks to Mark’s Leanblog I got hold of your excellent website.

In about four weeks we will have a “Lean Thinkers Meeting” here in Mannheim, Germany with about 50 participants (in open space format).

I will do a greater Beergame-Session (up to 5-7 sets) showing the effects in supply and production chains (bullwhip-effect, structure drives behavior, etc.). Finding appropriate lean ways to avoid that shortcomings will be the challenge and doing videos of that event is planned.

Has anybody else done this?

Cheers

Ralf

12. Ron Pereira

March 16, 2008 - 2:44 pm

Thanks for stopping by Ralf. I get out to Germany quite often (Ettlingen and Ahaus areas). I would love to see your beer game video when you get it done. If you want to share it with others via this blog let me know. I am sure others would really benefit from it. Take care.