Boise State University received approval from the State Board of Education for their Executive Master of Business Operational Excellence (EMBOE) last week. This 12-month program is jointly developed and taught by Kaizen Institute and BSU. The program is designed to help working professionals gain expertise in continuous improvement with an emphasis on kaizen, lean management, six sigma and supporting skills necessary to achieve business excellence in any organization. Please visit the BSU College of Business and Economics website for full details.
What’s Different About the EMBOE?
What makes this program different is the unique combination of hearing, seeing, doing and reflecting with a community of learners and instructors. The EMBOE candidate will study self-paced online learning modules of the Gemba Academy curriculum, engage in highly interactive 1-week intensive sessions on campus, learn from joint instruction from business professors from Boise State University and seasoned industry experts from Kaizen Institute, join a study mission to Japan, and practice the application of the operational excellence knowledge through project work at a sponsoring organization. All of this over a 12-month period, designed to rapidly elevate the operational excellence capability of the working professional.
The Executive Master of Business Operational Excellence at a glance:
- Accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- 12-month master’s degree program
- Four, 1-week-long sessions on campus in Boise, Idaho USA
- Classes held in brand new, state of the art Micron Business and Economics Building
- One, 1-week-long study mission to Japan
- Project work assigned on-campus, completed between sessions, reviewed in class
Learning Outcomes and Benefits
At the completion of all course work, study mission to Japan and project work, the candidate will earn a graduate degree as Master of Business Operational Excellence. In addition, project and course work will certify the candidate as a six sigma black belt. Each candidate’s Operational Excellence project at the sponsoring organization will be designed to return a multiple of the tuition and associated costs.
- August 20, 2012 Accepting Applications
- May, 2013 1st session – Boise, Idaho
- August, 2013 2nd session – Boise, Idaho
- October, 2013 3rd session – study mission to Japan
- January, 2014 4th session – Boise, Idaho
- April, 2014 5th session – Boise, Idaho
- May, 2014 Graduation
For more details about the curriculum, please visit the Boise State EMBOE website.
Candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of management or professional experience, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, and meet the standards of aptitude set by the BSU College of Business and Economics graduate department. No GMAT is required. For full application details, please visit the EMBOE website.