Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Keivan Zokaei, a UK-based author and consultant. Keivan is a pioneer in the lean and green movement. In this episode we explore what exactly “lean and green” means, and how to bring environmentally-friendly practices to your workplace.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Keivan’s lean and continuous improvement background (3:21)
- The quotation that most inspires Keivan…think Deming (5:23)
- Why lean is not innately green (5:55)
- What it takes to make your business lean and green (8:26)
- Practical examples of lean and green in action (9:45)
- Why many companies don’t adopt a lean and green philosophy (14:27)
- How you can learn about the lean and green movement (17:31)
- Keivan’s definition of “Respect for People” (19:51)
- Keivan’s take on the phrase “Kaizen Culture” (21:30)
- The best advice Keivan has ever received (22:17)
- Keivan’s personal productivity habit (24:25)
- Keivan’s final words of wisdom (30:41)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Right Click to Download a Written Transcript in PDF Format
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean and Green Business
- Creating a Lean and Green Business System: Techniques for Improving Profits and Sustainability
- Out of the Crisis
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- SA Partners
- Keivan on LinkedIn
Download a Free Audio Book
And if you’ve never listened to an audio book today is your lucky day since you’re able to download a free audio book over at our favorite audio book provider – Audible.
Please note you will need to sign up, which includes providing your credit card, but if you’re not happy with the service you can easily cancel the subscription after downloading your free audio book before your free trial expires.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
Full Written Transcript
What Do You Think?
Do you or your workplace practice lean and green methodology? Why or why not?