Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Rick Egelin, CEO of Fireblast, a fascinating company that builds fire training facilities. Rick and I discussed the company’s recent lean implementation, what’s going well, and what challenges they have faced.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Fireblast is all about (2:15)
- Rick’s background and how he first discovered lean (4:13)
- A quote that inspires Rick (11:01)
- How Rick introduced lean at Fireblast (12:55)
- The hardest part of Fireblast’s lean journey so far (16:21)
- Two of Fireblast’s continuous improvement success stories (22:00)
- Fireblast’s goals for the future (25:11)
- The advice Rick would give his past self (27:09)
- What “Respect for People” means to Rick (28:35)
- The best advice Rick has ever received (29:59)
- Rick’s personal productivity habit (31:56)
- What has surprised Rick in his last year of practicing lean (32:29)
- What Rick does to recharge and refocus (33:24)
- The skill Rick feels he needs to improve (34:38)
- Rick’s final words of wisdom (35:47)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Fireblast on Twitter
- Fireblast on Instagram
- Fireblast on Facebook
- Fireblast on YouTube
- Rick’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How did your organization first introduce lean? What was challenging about it?