This week’s guest is Thomas Frederick. Tom explained what it was like to switch careers from teaching/coaching to healthcare, applying lean along the way. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Tom (4:50)
- Tom’s background (6:25)
- His early days of lean (7:19)
- About evidence-based decision making (10:19)
- Giving answers versus asking questions (12:14)
- Being a reactive coach (15:01)
- Tom’s transition from teaching to healthcare (17:40)
- Why Tom chose healthcare (19:41)
- How Tom got started (20:36)
- Tom’s kata practice (23:49)
- What “Respect for People” means to Tom (30:15)
- The best advice Tom has ever received (31:15)
- What Tom is most proud of (32:38)
- The knowledge or skill Tom wants to improve (35:04)
- Tom’s advice to anyone considering a career change (35:40)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Focus and Leverage
- The Goal
- Healthcare Kaizen
- Tom on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you practiced continuous improvement in different industries?