I have the honor of hosting the 46th edition of the management improvement carnival. So without further delay here are some of my favorite articles from the past few weeks.
- Kevin Meyer, of Evolving Excellence fame, recently traveled to Japan and was kind enough to write up some amazing summaries of what he saw and experienced. The company tour reports are here: Toyota, Saishunkan, TOTO, and an electronics company.
- My friend, Mark Graban, broke one of his personal blogging rules and wrote while he was mad. You can check it out by reading This WSJ Article (as do Many Organizations) Misses the Point of 5S.
- I’m never quite sure how he gets these ideas… but Jon Miller managed to tie leadership and mountain goats together in 7 Leadership Lessons from a Mountain Goat. Great stuff!
- John Hunter offered up some interesting data showing that the US is still doing OK when it comes to manufacturing in Global Manufacturing Data 2007.
- A blog I’ve recently started to follow and quite enjoy is The Lean Thinker. Be sure to check out A3 by PowerPoint for an example of what I mean.
- If you are interested in being more productive I have a must read article for you, and I really mean it’s a must read. So be sure to check out The Ultimate Productivity Toolbox for Creative People.
- Finally, I leave you with one of the best marketing minds on the blogosphere as Seth Godin tells us about Reacting, Responding & Initiating.