I’m sitting here at my PC working on a little “project” I can’t wait to tell you all about. In fact, I’ll probably be sitting here well into the morning… but I am definitely not complaining.
Anyhow, I have an old “Styx” CD playing in the background… and man, I don’t know, I’m feeling a little sentimental with Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow. Plus Styx is just totally awesome. Anyhow, since my wife is asleep and probably wouldn’t appreciate me waking her to talk about it I decided to capture my thoughts here.
You see, I am so thankful for the blessings in my life. Here is short list of the things I’m thankful for.
- My faith. Nothing in my life is more important than my Catholic faith. And I am so thankful I live in a country where I am free to worship as I choose.
- My wife. My wife is my best friend and the most amazing woman I know. As they say, she completes me.
- My children. I’ve been so richly blessed with my 4 children. Since they are all under 6 years old we definitely have our moments… but I can’t imagine my life without them.
- My family. I am also thankful for my family – starting with my Mom and Dad. I also have great siblings and the best in-laws a man could ever ask for. And I’m not just saying that since my father-in-law subscribes to this blog!
- My profession. I love what I do and couldn’t imagine my life without some aspect of continuous improvement in it.
- This blog. This may sound weird… but I am thankful for this blog. What started out as a little hobby on a free Blogger account has turned into something pretty special. More than 2,000 people subscribe to LSS Academy and I’ve met, well virtually met at least, people from all over the world. And this little “project” I am working on would have never happened had I not started this blog. So, yeah, I am very thankful for this blog and most importantly I’m thankful for all the awesome people that stop by from time to time to see what it is I am rambling on about.
If you live in a place that celebrates Thanksgiving tomorrow I hope you are able to spend some time relaxing with those you love.
I also hope you take the time to think about the things you are thankful for. God bless and Happy Thanksgiving!