This week our guests are Hollie Jensen and Darrell Damron.
Both Hollie and Dan work in the Washington State Governor’s Office implementing lean practices and serving as overall continuous improvement advocates.
I think you’ll find it really interesting to hear some of the many ways lean can be used beyond the private sector.
To hear the podcast just press the “Play” button at the top of this post. An MP3 version is also available for download here.
UPDATED: Visit Us at the 2016 AME Conference & Save 10% on Registration!
If you plan to attend the upcoming AME conference October 24-28 be sure to stop by the Gemba Academy booth to say hello.
While I’m definitely biased I think you’ll find we give away some of the coolest “swag” at the conference!
We also plan to host an after hours “networking” event with free food and drinks! RSVP here.
Finally, if you haven’t registered for the conference and plan to be sure to use the coupon code DallasGemba in order to save 10%.
AME is definitely our favorite conference to attend so we hope to see you there!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Darrell and Hollie’s backgrounds (1:40)
- The quotes that inspire Hollie and Dan (7:26)
- How Results Washington is helping the state government adopt lean methodologies (9:40)
- How working in the private sector is and is not that different from government work, in Hollie’s experience (13:26)
- Which lean strategies have been helpful in implementing lean in the government (15:47)
- What the Lean Fellowship program is all about (18:34)
- How other states are pursuing lean journeys (20:38)
- Some concrete examples of how lean is revolutionizing the Washington government (22:58)
- What “Respect for People” means to Hollie (28:05)
- The best advice Darrell has ever received (28:46)
- Hollie’s personal productivity habit (30:04)
- Darrell’s final words of wisdom (34:34)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Register for the AME Conference (Use Code DallasGemba to save 10%)
- Results Washington
- Lean Fellowship Program
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
- Toyota Kata: Managing People for Improvement, Adaptiveness and Superior Results
Download a Free Audio Book
And if you’ve never listened to an audio book today is your lucky day since you’re able to download a free audio book over at our favorite audio book provider – Audible. Simply click this link to claim your free audio book.
Please note you will need to sign up, which includes providing your credit card, but if you’re not happy with the service you can easily cancel the subscription after downloading your free audio book before your free trial expires.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What other ways does lean apply to government? Have you seen evidence of lean in your city, state, or country?