Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
This episode’s guest is Larry Davis, President of Daman Products. Daman makes hydraulic manifolds for everything from farm equipment to roller coasters. Learn how Larry and his company embarked on their continuous improvement journey, and how they operate today.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that most inspires Larry (2:24)
- How Larry first came to learn about continuous improvement (3:01)
- How Daman Products evolved before they incorporated lean (9:06)
- How Larry and his coworkers started their lean journey (12:52)
- The effect lean has had on Daman Products (16:01)
- How the company handles training (19:10)
- Larry’s take on the relationship between the work environment and natural law (20:59)
- What “Respect for People” means to Larry (28:25)
- The best advice Larry has ever received (31:37)
- Larry’s three small productivity habits (32:46)
- Larry’s final words of wisdom (38:11)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Daman Products
- Descartes’ Error: Emotion, Reason, and the Human Brain
- The Machine That Changed the World: The Story of Lean Production– Toyota’s Secret Weapon in the Global Car Wars That Is Now Revolutionizing World Industry
- Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
- Larry’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Was/is your lean journey similar to Larry’s? Why or why not?