Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Chet Marchwinski, the Communications Director of the Lean Enterprise Institute. We sat down at the International AME Conference in Jacksonville, Florida and talked about all things continuous improvement. This includes how lean has evolved over the years, where it’s going next, and some of Chet’s personal anecdotes of LEI leaders James Womack and John Shook.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Chet’s role at LEI (2:45)
- Firsthand stories about LEI Founder James Womack (4:18)
- Things you might not know about current LEI CEO Jim Shook (7:30)
- Chet’s take on the evolution of lean over the years (10:59)
- What Chet thinks will be the hot topic of continuous improvement in five years (16:10)
- What “Respect for People” means to Chet (21:10)
- The best advice Chet has ever received (22:07)
- Chet’s favorite personal productivity habit (24:17)
- The two procedures Chet always sees in the best manufacturing plants (29:32)
- About LEI’s Lean Lexicon: A Graphical Glossary for Lean Thinkers (32:09)
- Chet’s final words of wisdom (33:57)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Enterprise Institute
- The Yogi Book: “I Really Didn’t Say Everything I Said”
- Lean Lexicon: A Graphical Glossary for Lean Thinkers, 5th Edition
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Where will lean be in five years? What will we be talking about?