Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
This episode’s guest is Robert Hafey. Robert has an impressive corporate background including many years at the U.S. Steel Corporation and later conveyor belt solutions manufacturer Flexco.
Bob and I explored how he goes about improving safety performance using the principles of lean. I think you’ll find that the concept of Lean Safety is applicable to all industries, not just manufacturing.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Robert (2:17)
- Bob’s extensive manufacturing background (3:01)
- What Lean Safety is, and what it isn’t (4:37)
- All about Robert’s Lean Safety books and workshops (14:49)
- The lean tools Robert uses to implement Lean Safety (17:10)
- Robert’s advice for those interested in Lean Safety (19:26)
- What “Respect for People” means to Robert (20:54)
- The best advice Robert has ever received (23:22)
- Robert’s personal productivity habit (24:31)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Safety: Transforming your Safety Culture with Lean Management
- Lean Safety Gemba Walks: A Methodology for Workforce Engagement and Culture Change
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Robert’s Email Address
- Robert’s Website
- Robert’s Blog
- Robert on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Lean Safety Group
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What is your experience, if any, with Lean Safety?