Today’s guest is David Mann. David is the author of Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions, one of my all-time favorite lean books. We discussed lean production versus management systems and the best ways to keep your senior leaders engaged throughout your organization’s lean journey.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- David’s background and what he’s up to nowadays (2:38)
- The quote that inspires David (4:12)
- Something you might not know about David’s book (6:42)
- Whether lean production or lean management come first, and how they’re related (8:28)
- Where organization should be focused first (14:04)
- How to hold the interest of senior executives along your lean journey (18:42)
- What “Respect for People” means to David (30:42)
- The best advice David has ever received (31:44)
- David’s personal productivity habit (32:59)
- Something that surprised David in the past year (34:23)
- What David does to recharge and refocus (35:39)
- The skill David needs to improve to become a better lean leader (37:11)
- David’s final words of wisdom (38:46)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions, Third Edition
- David’s Website
- David on Twitter
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What comes first, lean production or lean management? Why?