Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Philip Holt, head of Partnership Development and Accounting Operations at Philips. Philip and I explore what it means to be a “visible leader”, and how to become one. With his extensive lean background, he certainly has plenty of wisdom to share.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Philip’s background and what he’s up to these days (2:12)
- How long Philips has been on a lean journey (3:58)
- The quote that inspires Philip (5:05)
- Philip’s definition of a “visible leader” (6:05)
- What being a visible leader has to do with lean (7:56)
- A time when Philip failed at being a visible leader (9:45)
- A time when Philip succeeded at being a visible leader (12:36)
- What failure has to do with becoming a visible leader (15:08)
- How employee autonomy influences the visible leader dynamic (16:30)
- What “Respect for People” means to Philip (18:55)
- The best advice Philip has ever received (20:17)
- Philip’s personal productivity habit (21:53)
- All about the powerful Kanban software Philip uses (23:17)
- Something that surprised Philip in his last year of lean practice (26:22)
- What Philip does to recharge and refocus (28:12)
- The skill Philip feels he needs to improve (29:25)
- Philip’s final words of wisdom (31:01)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Philip’s Website
- Philip on LinkedIn
- Philip on Twitter
- Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation, Revised and Updated
- The Lean Turnaround: How Business Leaders Use Lean Principles to Create Value and Transform Their Company
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Are you a visible leader? Why or why not?