Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Dan Markovitz, esteemed lean author and consultant. We discuss his upcoming book, and Dan shares some truly powerful stories that listeners at all stages of the lean journey can relate to.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Dan is up to these days (2:08)
- The quote that inspires Dan (3:10)
- What running taught a young Dan about continuous improvement (4:54)
- Why you should learn from Toyota, but not necessarily copy them (12:40)
- An introduction to Dan’s upcoming book (14:53)
- Why you need commitment and a new vocabulary to succeed (16:28)
- The importance of focusing on value over cost (19:27)
- Why the attention should be on the end goal (22:18)
- NFI’s role in the book (30:39)
- What “Respect for People” means to Dan (35:50)
- The best advice Dan has ever received (39:30)
- Dan’s personal productivity habit (42:02)
- Something that has surprised Dan in his last year of practicing lean (43:48)
- What Dan does to recharge and refocus (47:22)
- The skill Dan feels he needs to improve (49:25)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- A Factory of One: Applying Lean Principles to Banish Waste and Improve Your Personal Performance
- Dan’s Website
- Dan on Twitter
- Dan’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Was there a moment in your childhood that you experienced the power of lean without realizing it?