Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s episode features Ken Rolfes, a longtime lean thinker, author, and AME affiliate. Ken and I discussed a variety of continuous improvement topics, but we mostly focused on Ken’s exciting new book, Lean for the Long Term.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Ken is up to these days (2:36)
- The quote that inspires Ken (6:04)
- All about Ken’s new book, Lean for the Long Term (8:25)
- The meaning behind the title (11:56)
- The role of lean versus cost accounting (24:24)
- Why leaders need to be multilingual (27:26)
- What “Respect for People” means to Ken (41:09)
- The best advice Ken has ever received (42:30)
- Ken’s personal productivity habit (43:58)
- What has surprised Ken in the last year (46:07)
- The skill Ken feels he needs to improve (47:41)
- Ken’s final words of wisdom (50:17)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean for the Long Term: Sustainment is a Myth, Transformation is Reality
- Ken on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Can you identify with Ken’s take on continuous improvement? What do you agree with? What do you feel differently about?