Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Robert St. Louis, a great lean thinker and manufacturing professional with a fascinating background. Robert and I talked about lean metrics, what they are, and why organizations should be utilizing them. We also discuss the “Rule of Three.”
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Robert’s background and what he’s up to these days (2:36)
- The quote that inspires Robert (6:32)
- What the term “Lean Metrics” refers to (7:52)
- Why these metrics matter (12:20)
- Robert’s opinion on the scorecard approach (13:40)
- What the “Rule of Three” means (17:31)
- One of Robert’s most harrowing air traffic stories (20:19)
- The key to sustaining this kind of environment (23:39)
- What “Respect for People” means to Robert (27:25)
- The best advice Robert has ever received (29:12)
- Robert’s personal productivity habit (31:47)
- Something that has surprised Robert in the last year (33:31)
- How Robert rewinds and recharges (34:45)
- The skill Robert feels he needs to improve (36:19)
- Robert’s final words of wisdom (37:54)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Manufacturers Alliance
- Robert on LinkedIn
- Robert’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What kind of metrics does your organization value the most?