This episode features Rob Connelly, an Engineering Manager and fantastic lean thinker over at Specialty Silicone Fabricators in Paso Robles, California. Rob and I talked about how he practices lean on a daily basis at SSF, both individually and with this team.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
UPDATED: Visit Us at the 2016 AME Conference & Save 10% on Registration!
If you plan to attend the upcoming AME conference October 24-28 be sure to stop by the Gemba Academy booth to say hello.
While I’m definitely biased I think you’ll find we give away some of the coolest “swag” at the conference!
We also plan to host an after hours “networking” event with free food and drinks! RSVP here.
Finally, if you haven’t registered for the conference and plan to be sure to use the coupon code DallasGemba in order to save 10%.
AME is definitely our favorite conference to attend so we hope to see you there!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Rob’s background and what he does at SSF (3:55)
- The quote that inspires Rob (5:11)
- Rob’s daily routine at SSF (7:22)
- Why and how SSF video calls with their other sites (12:40)
- What Rob does after the morning meeting (14:40)
- What Rob spends the rest of his day doing (19:20)
- How to balance communication across teams (23:01)
- All about mastery and purpose, and how Rob incorporates them into his work (25:52)
- Rob’s take on the power of autonomy (31:26)
- What the hiring process at SSF is like for engineers (38:50)
- What “Respect for People” means to Rob (43:21)
- The best advice Rob has ever received (46:12)
- Rob’s personal productivity habit (47:41)
- What has surprised Rob in the last year of practicing lean (48:51)
- What Rob does to recharge and refocus (52:01)
- The knowledge or skill Rob feels he needs to improve (52:54)
- Rob’s words of wisdom (53:50)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Simon Sinek Podcast
- Rob’s Blog
- Rob on Twitter
- Rob on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you incorporate lean into your daily routine at work?