Today’s guest is Orry Fiume, who I had the pleasure of interviewing at the Summit on Lean Leadership in Jacksonville, Florida. Orry is the former VP of Finance and Administration at Wiremold. We discussed the challenges Wiremold faced during Orry’s time there, as well as Orry’s insights on lean leadership and accounting. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Orry’s background and his introduction to continuous improvement (2:57)
- The quote that inspires Orry (3:46)
- How Orry thinks the lean movement has progressed over time (5:39)
- An interesting Wiremold story (8:37)
- Orry’s take on Wiremold’s status quo (11:55)
- What Orry would add to the book Real Numbers (14:55)
- What “Respect for People” means to Orry (16:38)
- The best advice Orry has ever received (19:15)
- Orry’s personal productivity habit (20:31)
- What Orry does to recharge (21:52)
- Orry’s final words of wisdom (23:48)
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Is all work honorable? Why or why not?