Today’s guest is Cheryl Jekiel, who I was lucky enough to interview at the recent Summit on Lean Leadership in Jacksonville, Florida. Cheryl is the Founder of the Lean Leadership Resource Center, and she and I discussed the many important applications of lean in human resources. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Cheryl’s background and introduction to continuous improvement (2:27)
- A quote that inspires Cheryl (6:42)
- The role of HR in a lean transformation (8:37)
- How Cheryl learned what the biggest waste of all is (12:25)
- The role of love in an organization (16:04)
- What “Respect for People” means to Cheryl (19:15)
- The best advice Cheryl has ever received (19:57)
- What Cheryl does to rewind and recharge (20:49)
- Cheryl’s personal productivity habit (21:27)
- The skill Cheryl feels she needs to improve (22:08)
- All about Cheryl’s book (22:42)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Leadership Resource Center
- Lean Human Resources: Redesigning HR Processes for a Culture of Continuous Improvement
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else does lean apply to HR?