Today’s guest is Bob Rush, a Lean Manufacturing Group Leader at Tesla Motors. Bob shares a lot of truly valuable advice based on his own personal lean journey, including some great stories that will both entertain and inspire you. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Bob’s background (2:30)
- A quote that inspires Bob (3:40)
- What Bob is up to these days (4:31)
- All about Bob’s introduction to continuous improvement (5:31)
- What Bob’s first kaizen event was like (8:10)
- How it changed him (9:53)
- How lean has impacted his career (11:30)
- Some of Bob’s lean success stories (14:13)
- What Bob has struggled with most in terms of lean (22:19)
- How to get young people interested in lean (25:31)
- What advice Bob would give to his younger self (27:26)
- Advice Bob has for those at the beginning of their journeys (30:12)
- Advice Bob has for experienced lean thinkers (31:12)
- What “Respect for People” means to Bob (32:17)
- The best advice Bob has ever received (34:30)
- Bob’s personal productivity habit (35:46)
- What has surprised Bob in his last year of practicing lean (37:47)
- What Bob does to recharge and refocus (38:46)
- The skill area Bob feels he needs to develop (40:08)
- Bob’s final words of wisdom (41:04)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Bob on LinkedIn
- Bob on Quora
- Bob on Twitter
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What aspect of Bob’s personal lean journey resonates with you the most?