Today’s guest is Joe Dager, President of Business901, a firm that specializes in helping companies apply lean to their sales and marketing departments. Joe and I discuss the many ways continuous improvement can be used to improve these aspects of your business. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Joe’s background and how he learnt about continuous improvement (4:49)
- The quote that inspires Joe (6:04)
- How lean applies to sales and marketing (6:43)
- How it parallels the lean startup movement (7:43)
- A day in the life of Joe (9:17)
- Some of Joe’s real life implementations (11:35)
- How Joe applies lean to sales (12:41)
- The differences between traditional and lean approaches (16:10)
- The role of autonomy in a sales and marketing position (21:29)
- How social media and lean overlap (26:36)
- Some of the resistance Joe has witnessed (29:36)
- What “Respect for People” means to Joe (32:39)
- The best advice Joe has ever received (34:47)
- Joe’s personal productivity habit (36:30)
- What Joe does to recharge and refocus (37:29)
- The knowledge or skill area Joe feels he needs to improve (38:32)
- About Joe’s work and his podcast (39:44)
- Joe’s final words of wisdom (42:20)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else could lean be applied to sales and marketing? What about other business disciplines?